Rustic White Bean and Fruit Bliss® Sun-Sweetened Tomato Spread
This spread is slightly reminiscent of the confits I used to eat as an omnivore. It has some fat content and a great consistency. This spread is perfect as a snack or as an hors-d’oeuvre at a dinner party. You can even bring it for a potluck!
· 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tablespoon minced rosemary, packed
· Olive oil, to taste
· 1/3 cup Fruit Bliss® Tomato Halves, minced
· Juice from ½ lemon, or to taste
· Sea salt and pepper, to taste
In a large mortar and pestle, purée the garlic with a little bit of salt. Add the beans and the rosemary and continue puréeing until you get the desired consistency. We like some beans to be whole, so we purée for about 30 seconds. Add the rest of the ingredients. Give the mixture a nice stir and serve with toasted crusty bread and/or greens. Bon appétit!