Author: Flora & Vino
Total Time: 45 minutes
Thank you to Flora & Vino for this yummy Apricot Ginger Tofu sweetened with our Fruit Bliss Apricots. It’s makes for a great dinner to be served on the patio this spring and summer!
Tofu steaks pan-fried and coated in an apricot ginger sauce made with dried apricots. Serve with rice and steamed green beans for an elevated meal!
Apricot Ginger Sauce:
- Extra-firm tofu
- Avocado oil
- Jasmine Rice
- Green Beans
- Spring Onion
- Sesame Seeds
- Add all of the ingredients for the apricot ginger sauce to a high-speed blender or food processor. Process until it’s mostly smooth. Add filtered water as needed to get the blades moving. The sauce should be quite thick but pourable. Some apricot chunks are okay.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat with a drizzle of avocado oil. Once the pan is warm, add the tofu and heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the tofu is brown and crispy on all sides. Toss the tofu frequently to promote even browning.
- While the tofu is cooking, prepare your steamed green beans and rice, if using for serving.
- When the tofu is done, add the apricot ginger sauce to the pan and completely coat the tofu. Heat for 1-2 more minutes, until the sauce is warm and bubbling.
- Serve the apricot ginger tofu over rice or quinoa and steamed green beans. Top with the spring onion, sesame seeds, and sriracha.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 5 days. Reheat in the microwave before serving.
Head here to see the full blog and get other delicious recipes from Flora & Vino!